Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day One of Chemo Round 2!



So Mom and I arrived at Memorial Medical University Hospital today, January 25, 2011, at 8am... I saw Dr Luskey around 10am and was sent for blood work. He told me that I would be getting a PICC (peripherally inserted central catheter) line today (oh joy!) I was sent admitting and I sat there for 6 hours in a little room no bigger than a bathroom.. (no fun!)




Finally in a room! WOO HOO! I have the one of the same nurses I had in November, so all is well right now :-)






All is still well here at Memorial and the time is now 9:30pm I just got my PICC line so that my chemo and any blood products can be administered. It did not hurt at all! That was a blessing in itself. X ray looked good of the PICC line...




I'm waiting on the steroid eye drops that I have to take while I'm taking chemo...


Next stop CHEMO! and believe it or not it will start tonight :-)
I will update tomorrow!!




PEACE AND LOVE TO ALL!!!









3 comments:

  1. JESUS SAID HE WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU OR FORSAKE YOU - HE IS RIGHT BESIDE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl we all Praying for you !! put all your trust & strengh in GOd !! love yA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Steph, you are incredibly strong! What a testimony we will see on the other side of this whole stinkin' ordeal! :)

    ReplyDelete