Tuesday, January 25, 2011

After the First Round of Chemo


Where to begin...

I got out the hospital on December 22, 2010 and I went home and decorated the Christmas tree with my kids. Their Dad picked them up that evening and was supposed to bring them home on Christmas Day at 2pm. I felt really good when I came home. A little tired but over all I felt fine. I cooked a big dinner and Keith and I were waiting on the kids and my family to arrive. I called and made sure my ex hubby was going to be on time with the kids and he said he was. THEN... Much to my surprise in walked my Mom and she told me to get changed and to get ready we had to meet the ex with my Jonathan at Memorial hospital. WOW my heart dropped right there. I was reminded of the last time i got this call from my ex and Jonathan had almost lost his arm in a go kart accident. I was scared.. I got ready and grabbed my mask and hand sanitizer and out the door we went. We arrived at the ER and Jonathan was crying in pain and he had a broken radial in his right arm right above his wrist. It had to be reduced and we were sent home a short time later with an appointment to get a cast the following Monday. It was kind of ironic I was able to be home for Christmas, but spent Christmas day at the hospital... Jonathan did fine with his cast and one more reduction later he is healing well now. :-)

My appointment to have blood work done was on Wednesday December 29th. I arrived at the Dr and they took my blood. I was a little nervous to see the results BUT I had no reason to be. My blood levels were ALL normal! I felt GREAT~~~ I went to the Dr again on January 5th and my blood levels were still normal. My Dr was astonished at how good I looked and how good I felt. We discussed making a trip to Emory Hospital in Atlanta to see if I was a candidate for Stem Cell transplant.

My appointment in Atlanta at Emory was on Monday January 10th. We left the afternoon on the ninth because a big snow/ice storm was going to hit. The snow was beautiful and I wished that I had brought my kids to see it! Mom, Dad, Marlene, Larry (my sister and brother in law) and I were amazed at how fast the snow was coming down. They were closing schools and offices left and right. They had actually closed Emory, but my Dr was kind enough to see me anyways. She said that my best bet for complete remission was a Stem Cell Transplant. I had blood drawn that day and She got my brothers names to send them test kits to have their blood tested as well. We are still waiting on these results. We traveled home in the snow and ice and to say the least it was an adventure.

I had another Bone Biopsy done and GUESS WHAT! NO LEUKEMIA!!! I am in remission and getting ready to start consolidation Chemo on January 25th..

I will try to keep everyone updated through out my hospital stay! Memorial Here We Come AGAIN!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you! You are fighting such a big fight right now but remember, VICTORY HAS A SONG!!!

    ReplyDelete