Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A day at Emory

Day 1 at Emory went well. I arrived at 6:15am on Tuesday 4/19. I had my port inserted in my chest on the right side. It seems to be working good so far and is only a little sore. They began chemo last night around 8pm and it ran over two hours. I had my second dose at 2am and now I am on dose 3 right now. I have 16 doses of Busulfan over four days. I haven't had this type of chemo before, but according to the side affects I think I will be just fine! The nurses kept me up all night. They had to draw blood at the top of every hour. They say that it will not be like that tonight.
Mom and I are going to walk after this first dose and after my shower. I have to walk 21 laps around the floor which equals 1 mile. They say 2 is better than one, but for now I think one in the morning and one in the evening will be just fine!
I hope everyone at home is doing good!

Peace and Love to you all!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! So glad everything is going well so far! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete